Visa Applications At Points Of Entry To The Republic Of Turkey As Of 11 April 2014
In accordance with the new Law on Foreigners, the practice of obtaining visas upon arrival to
points of entry to Turkey will begin to come to an end as of 11 April 2014. However, border
authorities will maintain existing procedures for a certain transitional period, to include the
2014 tourism season.
Visas for touristic or business purposes can be obtained via the new Electronic Visa
Application System (www.evisa.gov.tr). This system, which was launched in 2013, allows
intending visitors to obtain their e-Visas in approximately three minutes online.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs continues efforts to strengthen the e-Visa system and to better
enable foreign nationals to easily obtain their visas.
In this context, as of 11 April 2014;
- In addition to English, French, and Spanish; Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, German, Arabic and
Chinese language options will be added to the e-Visa system.
- In addition to Visa and Master Card, payment will be accepted from other commonly used
credit cards and debit cards.
- Necessary arrangements will be made to allow foreign visitors to obtain e-Visas from
authorized airline companies offices, including those companies’ offices in airports.
- Tour operators will be able to apply for group e-Visas and make lump sum payments for
- Visitors arriving to Turkey without visas will be able to obtain their e-Visas via interactive
kiosks placed in Turkish airports.
- Fees for e-Visas obtained via the e-Visa website (www.evisa.gov.tr) will be lower than the
fees for visas obtained upon arrival to Turkish airports. Information regarding visa fees can be
found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (www.mfa.gov.tr).
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will continue to carry out these efforts in coordination with
all relevant public authorities and private sector partners in order to make the transitional
period as smooth as possible. It is our goal to eliminate waiting periods at Turkish airports.
The new arrangements will be in service as soon as possible.
Monday - Friday
09:30 - 12:30 / 14:00 - 18:00
|6/1/2016||6/1/2016||Mother and Cildren's Day|
|7/11/2016||7/15/2016||Naadam National Holiday|
|10/29/2016||10/29/2016||National Day of Turkish Republic|
|12/29/2016||12/29/2016||National Independence Day|
+ 90 312 292 29 29